Contact us in person:
Director of Training and Recruiting
3505 Greenleaf Blvd
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
You are also welcome to pick up an application at any Millennium Restaurant Group location
We’re looking to add
new flavors to our team!
OPERATING WITH A VISION TO BE A COMPANY
THAT ENRICHES AND INSPIRES OUR COMMUNITY
Millennium Restaurant Group is a locally owned and operated restaurant group with 7 full service dining restaurants, 2 catering facilities and growing. Millennium Restaurant Group was formed by a group of restaurateurs from the Kalamazoo, Michigan area in the year 2000. In creating MRG, the managing partners pooled as many resources, talent, and experienced personnel as possible to collaborate in the creation of a locally owned, professional restaurant group for professional restaurant people and that is still our mission today.
Downtown Kalamazoo: Union, Central City Tap House, Wine Loft, and Cityscape Events Oakland Neighborhood: Martell’s Portage: Fieldstone Grill, Centre Street Tap House, Cove; Sprinkle Rd.: Sprinkle Road Tap House and Millennium Catering; South Haven: Idler Riverboat
Now Hiring for Marketing & Graphic Design Assistant!
The integrity of each Millennium Restaurant location stands alone, with its own concept, menu, identity and reputation. Given the complexity of MRG’s individual brands, creating specific marketing and branding is crucial. The position of marketing and graphic design assistant’s main goal is to assist in illustrating the voice of each individual MRG brand through all print, media, and advertising collateral. It is essential that the voice, tone, and message be consistent with each location’s overall brand. Creativity and attention to detail are crucial. This position supports the marketing department as a whole.
This position reports directly to MRG’s Marketing Director. Position Level: Assistant. Compensation based on experience.
Main Job Functions Include:
- Help maintain and create branded materials for the MRG website, social and digital media – developing over all visual branding strategies for various locations.
- Create print collateral that markets events, promotions, specials and overall awareness of MRG.
- Work as Marketing Director’s liaison and representative when necessary.
- Maintain and edit menus for all Millennium locations both in print and digital.
- Help maintain online calendars and social media platforms.
- Manage donation and sponsorship request program.
Other Job Functions Include:
- Helping with office related tasks, filing, or sorting promotional materials. Distributing and organizing collateral pieces.
- Aid in promotion assembly, cutting, or printing when needed.
- General office tasks.
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week in office (hours are flexible to a degree, can work around class and work schedule)
- Must be a student pursuing or recently graduated (within the last 4 years); a B.A. in Marketing, Graphic Design, or Digital Communications preferred.
- Mastery of Adobe creative suite’s InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop required. Dreamweaver and Fireworks a plus.
- Excellent writing skills with attention to detail for both spelling and grammar a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively via email, text, phone, chat and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Ability to work independently and complete projects on time. Ability to manage time effectively is a must.
· Must have strong organizations skills and be comfortable working in a fast paced and nimble environment.
- Experience with websites, HTML, Wix or wordpress a plus.
Apply to: Renee Hradsky at MRG Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org